Apply for our 2019-2020 Teaching Awards!
2019-2020 GEOC Teaching Awards
The GEOC is currently accepting applications for three teaching awards for the 2019-2020 academic year.These awards are designed to acknowledge the hard work that GTAs perform each and every day. These awards are for full members of the GEOC for exceptional teaching conducted at WSU. Each member is eligible for a single award and will be judged anonymously during review. First round judging will be conducted by GEOC leaders and stewards. The second round will be conducted by a panel consisting of three non-GEOC faculty members at WSU. The award includes a $250 prize.
Applications MUST include the following:
1. Cover letter (one page maximum) – Include name, department and number of years spent at WSU.
2. Letter of application – This is an open form letter stating why you feel deserving of this award and why you are seeking this award. The letter should include a description of your teaching philosophy and responsibilities. (500-1000 words max.)
3. Statement of Effectiveness (choose one of the following) – Brief student writing sample, SET comments, sample teaching materials, sample syllabus, or something else that you feel shows your effectiveness.
4. CV or Resume (be sure to list all classes you have taught)
5. Proof of GEOC membership.
6. SET scores for up to six class sections from recent semesters. - OPTIONAL
7. Letter of Recommendation from Professor in Department - OPTIONAL
1. Application must be received by GEOC no later than 11:59 pm on August 18th, 2019. All submissions must be made via email to email@example.com with a subject line consisting solely of applicant first name, applicant last name, and “2019 Teach Award,” e.g. Sarah Walker, 2019 Teach Award.. The application itself must be attached to the email in a single PDF with the same title as the email subject line. The PDF must contain the entire application in the order listed above, e.g. cover letter, letter of application, proof of effectiveness, etc. Applications submitted in any other manner will not be considered.
2. Applicants must be a full member of the GEOC by the due date.
Winners will be announced via email by August 23rd, 2019.